Aastha Kidney Hospital: Guide On Protecting Your Kidney Health
One of the significant health concerns for public kidney diseases. There are plenty of times when the kidney condition goes undetected until it is at its last stage or is very advanced. Unfortunately, this is the time when the person would require a transplant or dialysis.
The only key is to learn about kidney disease before any trouble starts. The way to diagnose is by regular check-ups in the Kidney Hospital; it is somewhat more essential for those people who are at risk of having a kidney disease.
Given below are some steps that might help you learn more about kidney disease, how to prevent it and its risk.
Learn the facts about the kidney disease
- Things that healthy kidneys do
- Filter toxins and waste from the blood
- Regulate the levels of the body’s fluid.
- It also activates vitamin -D to maintain healthy bones
- It releases hormones that help generate blood pressure.
- It helps in releasing the hormones that direct the production of red blood cells.
- It also helps in keeping the minerals of the blood balanced, including phosphorus, sodium and potassium.
- Problems that kidneys can cause
- Heart diseases
- Heart attacks and stroke
- Put your life at risk
- High blood pressure
- Nerve damage
- Weak bones
- Kidney failure(neuropathy)
- Kidney failure (ESRD or end-stage kidney disease)
- Low red blood cell count or anemia.
Access the risk of kidney diseases
- Primary risk factors for kidney problem
- If you have diabetes( or your family member)
- If you have high blood pressure (you or your family members)
- Heart diseases ( if you or your family members have it)
- Family health condition history such as diabetes, kidney failure, obesity and even high blood pressure.
- What are the additional risk factors for kidney problems?
- If you are above the age of 60
- If you have had a low birth weight
- Prolonged use of NSAIDs which is a type of pain reliever such as naproxen and ibuprofen.
- If you have had an autoimmune disorder such as lupus.
- If you have had kidney stones before
- If you have chronic urinary tract infections. Visit a Urologist in Ludhiana in such cases for the treatment.
Recognise the symptoms of kidney problems
- Possible trouble signs that indicate kidney issues
Most people who suffer from kidney issues do not notice any visible symptoms; this is the reason why it makes early detection more critical. By the time you would observe any signs that might indicate a possibility of kidney disease, the problem would already be advanced. Even sometimes, the symptoms can be misleading. This is why you must pay attention to the signs.
- Weakness and fatigue
- Painful or difficulty in urinating
- Foamy urine
- Increased thirst
- Dark or pink urine( blood in urination)
- Puffy eyes
- Swollen hands, face, abdomen, feet and ankles.
Treatment For The Kidney Diseases
You would have to visit a kidney hospital and book an appointment with a specialist in order to 1st diagnose it and treat it accordingly. If you find any kind of signs similar to what is given above, we highly advise you to see a doctor.