Everything you need to know about Ureteroscopy surgery
The urinary system includes the kidneys, ureter, urethra, and bladder. As different parts are included, you must carefully balance the condition. Therefore, you must visit one of the Best urologist in Ludhiana for effective management of your situation. One such procedure required for urological health is ureteroscopy to see everything about kidney and ureter health.
Reasons to undergo Ureteroscopy
Ureteroscopy Surgery works best for kidney stone treatment or to point toward the specific reason for the symptom. Different tests or X-rays along with blood & urine tests are suggested to better check the problem with the kidney and ureter. The ureteroscopy is known to better check the reason of:
- Pain in the back or loin
- Blood in the urine (known as Haematuria)
- Urine contains the presence of abnormal cells
Make sure you visit the Kidney Stone Hospital in Ludhiana on time to better analyze the problem. The doctor’s expertise and skills are the way to make things effectively managed.
In some cases, ureteroscopy is a suggested option for Ureteric Tumour Surgery In Ludhiana. You should talk to the doctor and understand if this is the best choice for your condition.
Risk factors of Ureteroscopy
With any surgical procedure, it’s possible to have risk factors. Although, all things are managed when you consult an experienced and skilled urologist. There are few common problems with the surgery. However, some of the ones that can be easily managed when you follow the doctor’s advice:
- Stent insertion
- Ureteric injury
- Problem passing the telescope
Preparation for Ureteroscopy Surgery
Make sure you follow all the necessary advice given by the doctor to boost the success of the surgery. Like:
- Do not smoke as it increases the risk of a chest infection or deep vein thrombosis.
- Do not take any kind of medication on your own, as it will stop the recovery or might create some complications.
- If you have an existing health issue, then do inform the doctor. Like diabetic patients, you must keep diabetes under control.
- Make sure to have a bath or shower before the surgery.
- You need to fast for at least 6 to 8 hours. Your medical health expert will inform you about the same.
What happens after the ureteroscopy surgery?
Following the surgery, it takes at least one day to feel good about yourself. As you are under anesthesia, make sure to take proper care. Do take all the necessary medications on time. After 2 to 3 days you can eat normally. But, make sure to get the green signal from the doctor. Following surgery, the stent stays for around 1 to 3 weeks. Make sure you visit Aastha Kidney And Super Speciality Hospital for a regular check-up to know what’s best for your overall well-being. Please do not do the following:
- Do not use any kind of machinery
- Do not take sleeping tablets
- Do not drink alcohol
- Do not cook using any variety of sharp utensils
- Do not neglect good sleeping habits
- Do not drive even a bicycle