Hernia Repair Surgery
Hernioplasty in Ludhiana, Punjab: The hernia is treated with surgery. The main types of hernia surgery are open repair, robotic repair, and laparoscopic (minimally invasive surgery). In this blog, we are going to discuss the surgery in detail.
How is hernia treated?
A hernia is treated with surgical procedure. When you visit the best urologist in Ludhiana, he will diagnose your condition and accordingly let you know what needs to be done. The 3 main types of hernia surgery are mentioned below:
- Robotic hernia repair
- Open Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
What is open hernia repair surgery?
During an open hernia repair, the incision or cut is made in the groin area. The hernia sac that contains the bulging intestine is checked. The hernia is pushed back into the place i.e. the abdomen area, and it makes the abdominal wall strong with synthetic mesh.
After the surgery, the patient is allowed to go back home, and they feel normal within a few days. The patient is not allowed to do exercise for around 4 to 6 weeks following the surgery.
What is laparoscopic (minimally invasive) hernia repair surgery?
- During minimally invasive surgery i.e. laparoscope the hernia is repaired with a thin telescope-like instrument that is inserted with a small incision in the belly button. The procedure is performed by giving the patient general anesthesia. This allows the patient to not feel any type of pain as they are asleep during the surgery
- Before the surgery, the patient’s general health is checked which includes medical history, physical exam, and an electrocardiogram.
- During surgery, the laparoscope is connected along with a tiny video camera that helps to view inside the body. The abdomen area is filled with a harmless gas, and this creates space to see the internal structures. Mesh is placed inside the cover that covers the problems in the abdominal wall and increases the tissue strength.
- The incisions are closed with a stitch or with surgical tape. Within a few months, the incisions are not visible. Few weeks after the surgery you can go back to your routine.
What is robotic hernia repair surgery?
Robotic hernia repair is the same as laparoscopic surgery and performed in the same way. The difference is that the surgeon is seated at a console in the operating room and all the surgical instruments are handled from the console. With this surgery, the surgeon can easily sew the tissues inside the abdomen. This surgery involves less pain and tiny scars that make it the best surgery.
Consult the best Urologist
These are the types of surgery that can be used to repair the hernia. If you are diagnosed with this problem then consult the surgeon, and he can guide you better on what needs to be done. You can book your appointment with our urologist for the latest and advanced treatment plan.