What is laparoscopy surgery?
Laparoscopy surgery is also referred to as keyhole surgery which is an alternative for open surgery in different conditions. During the surgery, an instrument called a laparoscope is used to look inside the pelvic area. With open surgery, and a large incision is needed which increases the chances of infection, increases the hospital stay, and recovery time is going to increase. When you consult the experienced doctor for laparoscopic surgery in Ludhiana you will be given a customized treatment plan which addresses your condition perfectly and you will be benefited in every way possible.
What are the surgeries which can be performed with laparoscopy?
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Fibroid removal is also known as myomectomy
- Endometriosis treating surgeries
- Surgery to diagnose & treat infertility
- Hysteroscopic uterine septum correction
- Hysteroscopic evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding
- Hysteroscopic removal of fibroid
- Uterus removal is also known as hysterectomy
- Hysteroscopic polypectomy
- Tubal blockage correction
- Ectopic pregnancy management
- Removal of misplaced IUCD
- Fertility enhancing laparo-hysteroscopy
What are the reasons to perform gynecological laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy procedure is used for diagnosis and treatment. The diagnostic procedure can sometimes be divided into treatment methods. Some of the best possible reasons to do that are mentioned below:
- Unexplained pelvic pain
- History of repeated pelvic infection
- Unexplained infertility
What are the conditions which can be used to diagnose and treat with laparoscopy?
- Pelvic adhesions, or painful scar tissue
- Ovarian cysts
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Uterine fibroids
- Reproductive cancers
- Pelvic abscess
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
What are the different types of laparoscopic treatment?
Some of the types which can be included with laparoscopic treatment are mentioned below:
- Hysterectomy or the procedure of removal of the uterus
- Adhesion removal
- Removal of fibroids
- Removal of ovaries
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Tuboplasty or restoration of tubal anatomy
- Endometrial tissue ablation and this treatment is beneficial for endometriosis patients
How to prepare for the gynecological laparoscopy?
The preparation is going to depend on the surgery you are getting. You might need to get imaging tests along with the blood tests. Your doctor is going to advise you to fast overnight and you need to take an enema which will reduce the chances of complications that are linked to anesthesia.
If you take any medications then it is important to inform the doctor. Additionally, over-the-counter drugs are included along with the supplements. Before you undergo the treatment you need to stop taking them so that there are no adverse reactions when you get the treatment or during the recovery. Make sure you do not drive on your own after the treatment. It might be possible you need to stay overnight or a few days after the surgery.