Everything you need to know Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal in Ludhiana
Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal
It is a minimally invasive surgery in which patients will get small incisions. The surgeon will use surgical tools that are used to remove an inflamed or diseased gallbladder. The gallbladder is an organ that is usually found below your liver in the right upper abdomen. It contains bile that is a liquid which is produced in the liver.
The bile is released by the gallbladder to break down as well as soak dietary fats. Without a gallbladder normal digestion is possible. Removal is the only option left with the surgeon if a patient is experiencing an inflamed & diseased gallbladder.
It is also known as laparoscopic cholecystectomy. But make sure you are consulting the best urologist in Ludhiana that will help you in getting rid of your problem. In fact, undergoing laparoscopy surgery in Ludhiana is beneficial for you.
Why is it performed?
If a patient is having gallstones and complications then undergoing this surgery is important. Gallstones are also known as cholelithiasis. There are some other reasons why you need this surgery that is mentioned below:
● If a patient is experiencing biliary dyskinesia.
● If a patient detected choledocholithiasis.
● If you are suffering from pancreatitis.
● If you are having cholecystitis.
What are the risks?
In some cases patient experiences risks that are mentioned below:
● Blood clots
● Damage to blood vessels
● Heart problems
● Injury in bile
What are the preparations a patient should do?
There are prepares which patient should do that are mentioned below:
● The patient should do blood tests.
● Physical exam
● Review of medical history
● Imaging test
Apart from these, you have to keep the instructions in mind given by the doctor that are mentioned below:
● You are not allowed to drive any vehicle post-surgery.
● You should tell someone to stay with you.
● You are not allowed to eat anything before undergoing the surgery.
● Use antibacterial soap.
The procedure of the surgery
● The patient will get an IV which helps your doctor to give you medicines & fluids.
● The surgeon will give you general anesthesia.
● The surgeon will place a tube in your throat.
● In your lower abdomen, the surgeon will make 4 small incisions. These incisions will help the surgeon to see your organs clearly.
● The surgeon will then insert a small camera through small incisions into your abdomen.
● Looking at the monitor surgeon will perform the surgery.
● The surgeon will remove the gallbladder and check the bile duct with the help of an X-ray which is known as intraoperative cholangiography. This will help surgeons to see the abnormalities in the bile duct.
● At last, the surgeon will cover the stitches with bandages.
Above- mentioned are the procedures of the surgery. You will be amazed to know that most of the patients go back home on the same day of the surgery.
What happens after the surgery?
After coming back home you should rest as much as you can. In fact, after a week you will get back to your normal activities. But be careful with your incisions. Book an appointment with the doctor to remove the stitches.