How to assess male infertility? What is the treatment for male infertility?
Male fertility problems as common as female infertility
The road to conception requires male and female fertility to be as healthy as possible. Although many individuals are not completely aware of the problem of male infertility, it is a huge concern among individuals. In some cases, there’s a problem with sperm count, health, or some sort of issue with male reproductive health. To get the right care, you should consult the urologist in Ludhiana so that he can diagnose your condition and tell you about the most accurate treatment plan.
Possible reasons behind male infertility
Different reasons lead to abnormal sperm count or no sperm during ejaculation. It’s important to know the exact cause to have an effective treatment plan:
- A testicle problem like sperm blockage. That makes the sperm difficult to reach the penis due to infection.
- Hormonal imbalance due to LH or FSH
- Physical problem due to testicular trauma or undescended testes present at birth
- Genetic causes due to certain defect present since the birth
- Lifestyle habits like drinking excess alcohol, smoking, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and being overweight
The urologist find out the exact cause so that it’s known if there’s need for the azoospermia treatment in Punjab or any other treatment plan.
Diagnose male fertility
The accurate treatment plan depends upon male fertility. So, the urologist or your medical practitioner will check your entire condition thoroughly to know what’s required next. The male fertility test includes semen analysis to check the following:
- Number of sperm
- Motility (the way sperm moves)
- Sperm morphology (sperm shape and size)
If the test results are not normal, then the doctor asks to get further tests. In case there’s not any problem, then further tests are required. The abnormal sperm tests results include the:
- Poor motility
- Poor morphology
- Positive sperm antibodies
Different tests are required for male infertility, like blood tests, physical examinations, ultrasound, tests, and much more.
Treatment for male infertility
The treatment for male infertility depends on what exactly your condition is. When the doctor has performed tests to know the exact reason, the doctor suggests the accurate treatment for male infertility. The treatment options are:
- Hormone treatment to increase sperm count
- IUI (Intrautreine insemination) to deal with minor sperm problem
- IVF (In-vitro-Fertilization), is one of the most effective treatments plan to boost conception
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). During treatment one single sperm is taken and placed back with the egg in a lab in a controlled environment.
- Vasectomy reversal
Which treatment is right for male infertility?
Finding the right treatment plan is essential, and it’s done when a detailed diagnosis is performed. The medical health professional will find out the exact cause behind the male fertility problem. This way, the exact problem will come to light, and the doctor will tell which treatment path you should take next.
Schedule your initial consultation
Aastha Kidney and Super Speciality Hospital bring you the most compassionate and precise care. Under the expertise of our urologist, get the care that improves your overall condition. Make sure to ask any doubt or concern that comes to your mind .