How to make sure the kidney is healthy and its functioning is proper?
Kidney Creatinine level
Creatinine is a chemical by-product that is generated through the normal muscle metabolism process by breaking down the tissues. Once it is produced, it can get filtered by the kidneys before it gets excreted out from the body in the form of urine. CCR, in turn, is going to depend on the blood flow to the kidneys i.e. glomerular filtration rate.
The kidney creatinine level is dependent on the person’s muscles. A person with more muscles is going to have increased creatinine production.
If you are facing urological issues, then make sure to visit our experienced and trained urologist in Ludhiana.
Why is Creatinine Clearance extremely essential?
Normal creatinine clearance level is 125ml/min in a healthy adult. Low creatinine clearance means the Kidney function is not proper to filter blood and this is the reason renal function is affected.
Measuring Creatinine in Blood
Creatinine level in blood is the indicator of GFR or renal function. If the level of blood creatinine is higher than creatinine clearance is low. The test to check the creatinine level in blood is done by a serum creatinine test.
Understanding Kidney Creatinine Levels
- Many people are not aware when the level of creatinine indicates the kidney functioning is getting affected. Generally, high creatinine levels are something to not worry about isolation but it might mean the person is having adverse health issues which can lead to chronic problems. The problems can be detected by serum creatinine as it helps to know about kidney functioning.
- The serum clearance test can help to check the eGFR. If the creatinine level is not in the range, then it means you have:
- Kidney disease
- Kidney function
- Urinary tract obstruction like kidney stones
- Myasthenia gravis
- Muscular dystrophy
The test will help to know whether you have low or high creatinine. Some of the causes of this issue are:
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Excess consumption of protein
- Rigorous exercise
- Kidney obstruction
If the creatinine level is low then it can be due to:
- Low muscle mass
- Excessive weight loss
Elevated Blood Creatinine Level – Symptoms
Renal dysfunction can come in different options and sometimes there not be any symptom at all. If the levels are extremely high then it can be due to lethargy or unexplained fatigue, reduced urine output, dehydration, swelling on the face, under eyes, feet, reduced urine output, or urine color gets dark.
Probable Symptoms of High Creatinine in Blood
- Kidney Pain
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis)
- Bile Duct Cancer or Cholangiocarcinoma
- Hypertension related to kidney disease
- Prostate Problems
- Poly-cystic kidney disease
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS)
- Kidney Dysplasia