Laser Prostatectomy: What It Is, Its Types, And Importance To Treat Prostate Glands?
Benign prostate hypertrophy, also known as prostatic hypertrophy or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is basically a disorder wherein the Urologist in Ludhiana notices enlargement of the prostate gland in men. It is one of the most common conditions that we see in individuals as they age. The typical problem that BPH causes is with urinating. There are also cases wherein the untreated cognition of BPH can lead to the blockage of stones, bladder, kidney damage, and even bladder infection.
The doctor is unable to find the real reason behind BPH or prostate enlargement. However, the imbalance in hormones and the growth of the cell creates the postulated.
What Is Laser Prostatectomy?
There are many treatments and home remedies that we recommend for this condition for some minor discomfort. One of the best solutions that you can get is Laser prostate surgery in Ludhiana if your condition is worsening or is severe. The doctor performs this process to remove the part of the prostate.
With the help of prostate laser surgery, you can get relief from the urinary symptoms that range from mild to extreme. With the help of a scope that the urologist in dmc Ludhiana inserts through the penis into the tube. They basically carry urine from the bladder. Your doctor will pass a laser to ablation (shrink) or enucleation (remove) tissues that cause the urethra blockage. It also interrupts the urine flow.
Different Types Of Laser Prostatectomy
Let us know move toward the different types of prostate laser surgeries available:
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP): In this process, the doctor vaporizes the excessive tissues to clear the passage of the urinary.
- Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP): It is similar to the PVP in terms of its procedure. The only difference between them is the type of laser that the doctor uses to melt the excessive tissues.
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP): With the help of a laser and the other instrument called a morcellator, the doctor cuts the remaining or the excess prostate tissues that cause urinary blockage.
Why Do You Need Laser Prostatectomy?
The prostate gland surrounds the urethra. It carries the urine from the bladder to the outside of the body. When there is an enlargement in the prostate, then it squeezes and blocks the urethra. This then leads to a host of urinary incontinence that includes the inability to urinate, a weak flow of urine, emptying the bladder fully, strain while passing the urination, frequent urination, and also urinary tract infection.
Prostatectomy surgery can also help you reduce or further prevent the complications that you might notice because of the blocked urine flow.
Some of the complications that include in this condition, if not treated, are:
- Damage to the kidney and the bladder
- Having a recurrent urinary tract infection
- Suffering from incontinence.
- Experiencing the concern of bladder stone.
Your health is our priority!
At Aastha Kidney Hospital, you can treat your prostate issues under the guidance of qualified doctors and highly advanced technology.
For more details, kindly contact us!