Prostate laser surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab
Prostate laser surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab is used to relieve moderate to severe injury symptoms which happens due to large prostate and the condition is known as BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia). During the prostate laser surgery, the doctor will insert a scope through the penis tip into the tube and this carries urine from the bladder. The urethra is surrounded by a prostate. The laser which passes through the scope delivers energy that removes or shrinks excess tissue which stops urine flow.
Lasers are used to concentrate light to generate heat in a precise manner. Different types of Laser prostate surgery in Ludhiana are performed which includes:
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP): Lasers help in melting away the excess prostate tissue and they enlarge the urinary channel.
- Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP): It is similar to PVP but uses a different type of laser.
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP): The laser helps in removing and cutting the excess tissue which blocks the urethra. With other instruments, prostate tissues are cut into smaller pieces and then they can be removed easily.
What type of laser is recommended?
The type of laser surgery your doctor recommends will depend on different factors which include:
- Prostate size
- Type of laser equipment
- Doctor’s training
What is the need of doing it?
Prostate laser surgery is needed to reduce the urinary symptoms which happen due to BPH and it includes:
- Frequent, urgent need to urinate
- Stopping and starting again while urinating
- Difficulty starting urination
- Slow (prolonged) urination
- Urinary tract infections
- Increased frequency of urination at night
- The feeling you can’t empty your bladder
Laser surrey can be done to prevent or treat complication due to blocked urine flow like:
- Recurring urinary tract infections
- Bladder stones
- Blood in your urine
- Kidney or bladder damage
- Inability to control urination or an inability to urinate at all
- Lower risk of bleeding
Laser surgery is a good option for men who take medication to thin their blood or who have a bleeding disorder which does not allow the blood to clot normally.
- Quicker recovery
Recovery from laser surgery needs less time than recovery from TURP or open surgery.
- Shorter hospital stay
Laser surgery can be performed on an outpatient basis or the patient needs to stay overnight.
- Less need for a catheter
The procedures for enlarged prostate tissues need a tube to drain urine from the bladder after the surgery. With laser surgery, a catheter is needed for less than one day.
- Giving immediate results
With the surgery, the patients can see more immediate results. To see the improvements with medications it takes around several weeks to months.
Prostate laser surgery improves urinary flow for most men. Results last for a long time and the patient can live a better life.