Orthopedic Trauma Treatment In Ludhiana, Punjab
Orthopedics Trauma Treatment
Orthopedic Trauma Treatment In Ludhiana, Punjab, Orthopedics trauma is an injury that occurs to the muscular system or skeletal system. The injury can occur to the joints, bones, or soft tissues due to some kind of external force. Although, this condition is not categorized as life-threatening but following that your life can change. Therefore, getting yourself the medical treatment without wasting a single second is necessary.
What are the most common causes of orthopedic trauma?
Here we have listed some of the common reasons behind the trauma orthopedic injury like:
- Physical violence
- Being injured while playing a sport
- Natural disasters
- Motorcycle or car accident
Do you know?
Football and basketball players or individuals who like to play these sports are at increased
risk of getting orthopedic injuries.
Are there any risk factors of orthopedic trauma?
Studies have shown that those people are at increased risk of getting orthopedic trauma who are:
- Elderly age
- Osteoporosis (bone density reduces) increases the chances of
bone getting a break when an individual falls
What are the signs that you need to consult an orthopedic trauma doctor?
In some cases, the need of treatment is required at the earliest SO that the ortho doctor can improve your condition. Here are some of the common injuries which are treated through the orthopedic trauma specialist are:
|Closed fracture||Broken bone but the skin did not break|
|Open fracture||Broken bone and skin|
|Stress fracture||Hairline and a small crack in the bone which happens due to overuse|
|Dislocation||Joint is not present in its location|
What kind of treatment approach is followed by an ortho trauma surgeon?
When you consult the ortho trauma surgeon he is going to:
- Rehabilitate injuries
Basically, the trauma surgeon is going to help you stabilize your condition so that you don’t have to deal
with any life-threatening situation. The option of surgery is only suggested by the doctor when necessary.
In most cases the options of:
- Physical therapy
- Supportive braces or casts are the best choices
How to prevent orthopedic trauma injury?
Here are some of the ways in which you can prevent the situation from getting worse:
- Near drive your car without a seatbelt
- Always wear your helmet when you drive your boke, do rollerblading, or do any other activity which has chances of leading to a traumatic situation.
- Choose the right kind of safety gear when you are playing any kind of sports
- Do warm-up exercise and stretching
What are the possible treatment options?
- Freely vascularized soft and hard tissue grafting
- Localized and systemic antibiotic delivery
- Fracture stabilization
- Fusion of joints (Arthrodesis)
- Bone transport, autograft, and allograft techniques
- Deformity correction
- Complex arthrodesis after joint infection
- Bone grafting
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment