Arthroscopic Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab
What is Arthroscopic Surgery?
Arthroscopic Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab, Arthroscopy (ahr-THROS-Kuh-pee), is a surgical method that is used for diagnosing and treating joint issues. During the surgery, the surgeon will insert the narrow tube which has a video camera attached to it. Through the incision (buttonhole size) the fiber-optic camera is inserted. Through the camera, it allows viewing the inside of the joint and everything is displayed on the video monitor.
With the help of Arthroscopy, the surgeon can properly view the inside of the joint and treat the damaged part properly. At Aastha Kidney And Super Specialty Hospital, the experienced team of doctors will provide you with a customized treatment plan.
How much is the cost of Arthroscopy surgery in India?
Arthroscopic surgery in India can cost you between Rs 60,000 to Rs 2,50,000. Bear in mind, every patient’s condition is different so the amount which they have to pay will be different as compared to the other patient. When you consult the doctor it will help you to get a better understanding of how much you have to pay.
What is the need of performing arthroscopy?
Doctors suggest getting arthroscopy as it helps to diagnose and treat joints. Most commonly it is used to perform surgery for the:
What do you have to know about the diagnostic procedure?
Usually, the doctor suggests the patients get arthroscopy if the test results have not given detailed information about your condition.
What are the common joint conditions treated with arthroscopy?
Here are some of the common conditions treated with arthroscopy surgery are:
- Joints scarring (present within)
- Loose bone fragments
- Joint linings getting inflamed
- Ligaments get torn
- Torn or damaged cartilage
How to prepare for arthroscopy surgery?
You will get precise information on how you have to prepare yourself by consulting the doctor. Generally, some of the guidelines suggested by the doctor are:
- Do not take certain medications like blood thinners or dietary supplements as it increases the risk of infection.
- Make sure to fast as depending on what anesthesia you will be getting. Do not consume solids at least 8 hours before the surgery.
- It is better that you ask someone to come along with you or drop you at the hospital. Even after the surgery, you should have someone to take care of you.
- Make sure to wear loose clothing on the day of surgery.
What happens during arthroscopic surgery?
Depending on what procedure is being opted for the surgeon will give you anesthesia which can be:
- Local Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
- General Anesthesia
Depending on the procedure you are having, the doctor will ask you to stay in that position. There are different techniques that can help to view inside of the joint:
- The joint is filled with sterile fluid
- A tourniquet is used to reduce the risk of blood loss & it will increase joint visibility.
A small incision is done to insert the viewing device and some additional incisions are done which allows the joint to be seen easily.
What happens after the arthroscopy surgery?
Usually, the arthroscopy is done within less time like for say an hour. During the aftercare routine, you have to take proper care of your condition and follow all the tips given by the surgeon:
- Take the Medications on time: The doctor will give you medications that help to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Practise R.I.C.E technique: You have to practice the R.I.C.E method which means rest, ice, compress, and elevate the treated joint. If you are thinking why elevate then it will help to reduce the pain and swelling.
- Protection: Make sure you wear the temporary splints suggested by the doctor. Include the crutches and slings which are useful for protection & comfort.
- Follow a proper exercise regime: Make sure that you follow the proper exercise regime which includes rehabilitation procedures and physical therapy which helps the joint mobility and muscle strength to get boosted.
Is arthroscopic surgery successful?
The studies have shown that with arthroscopy the patients can notice the change around 90%. If you are planning to get the surgery, then make sure to follow all the tips and suggestions given by the doctor.
Book your initial consultation
If you are planning to get arthroscopy surgery for your joint problem, then you should schedule your initial consultation with our health expert.
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment