Asthma Treatment In Ludhiana, Punjab
Asthma Treatment In Ludhiana, Punjab, Asthma is one of the common conditions which makes the airways narrow and leads to swelling. The extra mucus production can make it difficult to breathe and it can result in:
- Whistling sound (Wheezing)
In some cases, this condition is minor but it can prove to be serious at times that your daily working activity is affected and there are high chances that you will have an asthma attack.
Is asthma curable?
NO! Although, the right treatment plan can help the symptoms to be in control. So, make sure that you start your treatment on time and make the necessary changes in your life as suggested by the doctor.
What are the symptoms of asthma?
The extent of symptoms will be different from person to person. In some cases, the asthma attack is not that frequent and symptoms are noticed some time only. For say when you do your exercise regime. Some of the major signs and symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Exhaling comes with wheezing
- Not able to sleep due to wheezing, coughing, or breath shortness
- Wheezing or coughing attack
What tells you that your condition is severe?
When your asthma signs are bothering you in excess or they are extremely frequent. Moreover, you will experience breathing problems which can be checked through the device for lung flow. The use of inhalers is increasing so you have to consult the doctor.
What are the causes of asthma?
Although the exact reason is not known, there are high chances that the problem is linked to genetic and environmental conditions. Here are some of the conditions which can trigger your chances to have asthma-like:
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Excess stress and emotions
- Consumption of food and beverages which contain sulfites & preservatives
- Air pollutants & irritants like smoke
- GERD (a problem in which stomach acid comes back to the throat)
- Respiratory infection (common cold)
- Intake of medications like aspirin, nonsteroidal and beta-blockers
What are the risk factors of asthma?
There are certain factors that can increase your risk to develop asthma-like:
- You are overweight
- You smoke
- You are exposed to secondhand smoke
- You have been exposed to pollution or exhaust fumes
- You are exposed to occupational triggers like manufacturing, farming, and hairdressing
- You have a relative with asthma
Are there any complications with asthma?
It is possible that it can affect the way you perform daily chores. You have to take more sick days to leave from school or work. You have to get yourself checked frequently or emergency room visits are frequent. All in all, you have to get yourself a proper treatment plan to manage your condition and deal with the long-term effects.
Are there any ways to prevent asthma?
- You have to follow the treatment plan given by the doctor
- Make sure to get the vaccination for pneumonia and influenza
- You need to identify and avoid the situation which triggers asthma
- Make sure to properly monitor the breathing
- You need to identify what triggers asthma and make sure to get it treated
- You should not miss out on any medication
- You have to pay attention if the use of inhalers is increasing
How to diagnose asthma?
The doctor will likely perform a physical examination to make sure there is not any other health issue. You have to inform the doctor about your past health. In addition, the doctor will perform a test to check the lung function which includes:
- Peak flow
What are the treatment options for asthma?
As we have mentioned above, the cure is not possible but symptoms can be managed. In the same manner, long-term control and prevention is the best choice. The doctor can suggest medications, quick-relief medications like oral & intravenous corticosteroids, and much more. In case the symptoms are getting worse then you will be suggested to get immunotherapy and biologics
Schedule your initial consultation
If you are experiencing a severe asthma attack or it has just started, then make sure to schedule your initial consultation with our health expe
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment