Childhood Renal Tumors treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab
What are the types of childhood kidney tumors?
In Wilms tumors, one or more tumors can be found in one or both kidneys. Wilms tumor can spread to the liver, lungs, bone, brain, or lymph nodes. Most of the kidney cancers are Wilms tumors. But children between the age of 15 to 19 have renal cell cancer.
Renal Cell Cancer
Renal Cell Cancer is rare in children and younger kids age 15. Mostly it occurs between the age of 15 and 19. Renal cancer cells can spread to the liver, lungs, or lymph nodes. These are also known as renal cell carcinoma.
Rhabdoid Tumor of the Kidney
Rhabdoid kidney tumor affects the kidney in infants and young children. This type of cancer spreads quickly, and it can reach the brain or lungs.
Children who have some specific gene change are checked regularly to see if they have this issue in the kidney, or it has reached the brain.
Congenital Mesoblastic Nephroma
Congenital mesoblastic nephroma kidney tumor that is diagnosed in the first of life. Fortunately, this tumor type can be cured.
Clear Cell Sarcoma of the Kidney
Clear cell sarcoma of the kidney is a type of kidney tumor that reaches the bone, brain, lung, or soft tissues. If the problem comes back again, it can affect the brain.
Ewing Sarcoma (Neuroepithelial Tumor) of the Kidney
Ewing sarcoma of the kidney (neuroepithelial tumor) is rare and occurs in younger kids. If not treated at the right time, the tumor can spread to the body quickly.
Multilocular Cystic Nephroma
Multilocular cystic nephroma is made up of cysts. The tumor can occur in one or both kidneys. Imaging tests need to be done for this type.
Primary Renal Synovial Sarcoma
Primary renal synovial sarcoma is a rare tumor of the kidney and is most common in young adults. These tumors grow and spread quickly.
What are the signs and symptoms of kidney tumor?
- A lump, swelling, or pain in the abdomen.
- Blood in the urine.
- Fever for no known reason.
- High blood pressure ( feeling very tired, chest pain, headache, or trouble seeing or breathing).
- Hypercalcemia (loss of appetite, weakness, nausea, and vomiting, or feelingvery tired).
Wilms tumor that has spread to the lungs or liver and results in symptoms like:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Blood in the sputum.
- Trouble breathing.
What are the tests done for Wilms tumors?
- The children with increased risk of a Wilms tumor need to get screening tests. With this, it becomes easy to find cancer and decrease the chances of getting further problems. Ideally, the children with risk of this tumor should undergo screening every 3 months till the time they are 8 years old. For the abdomen, ultrasound tests are done. If the Wilms tumor is small and can be found early and removed.
- To check the AFP level in the blood, the abdomen ultrasound is done till the child is 4 years old.
- In some cases, the child can have a Wilms tumor in both kidneys. In some cases, the problem in the second kidney can occur when the first kidney is treated
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment