Kidney Dialysis Centre In Ludhiana
Dialysis In Ludhiana: Renal replacement therapy (RRT) is a term used to refer to treatment modalities that are used to replace normal kidney waste filtering functions. Acute kidney insufficiency (AKI) causes progressive deterioration in body acid-base balance regulation, as well as electrolyte and fluid equilibrium. In such an environment, RRT is necessary to help the body withstand the resulting metabolic derangements.
As per research, dialysis is one of the most common types of RRT, which is used to treat certain kidney problems.
Dialysis/Renal Replacement Therapy
Indications for RRT
RRT is used whenever homeostasis is not achieved through the kidney functions. There are such situations, in which this condition occurs including-:
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute kidney insufficiency
- Acute hepatic failure
- Septic shock
- Myasthenia gravis
Techniques of RRT
Yes, we are using several techniques to perform RRT including-:
Intermittent Hemodialysis (IHD)-: This mode of treatment enables only intermittent removal of wastes as well as associated with hypotension.
Continuous RRT-: This type is more complex and expensive because it needs continuous anticoagulation therapy. It doesn’t include any type of hypotensive episodes.
- Continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration (CAVHF)
- Slow continuous ultrafiltration (SCUF)
- Continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration (CVVHDF)
- Continuous venovenous hemofiltration (CVVHF)
- Continuous venovenous hemodialysis (CVVHD)
- Slow low-efficiency daily dialysis (SLEDD)
1. Peritoneal dialysis
2. Plasmapheresis or plasma exchange
Criteria for RRT
Renal replacement therapy is usually based on the below-mentioned criteria.
- If a patient is suffering from Chronic renal failure, a bleeding diathesis, refractory volume expansion, and acidosis, or hyperkalemia.
- Anuria-: Explained as the absence of urine production in your body.
- High serum creatinine as well as High levels of urea
- Metabolic acidosis without compensation
- Oliguria or insufficient urine.
- Temperature soaring above 40 0C
- Harmful changes or fluctuations in Potassium and serum sodium
- When High blood urea leads you to several complications like pericarditis, encephalopathy, and neuropathy
- Cardiac failure
- Pulmonary edema which cannot be treated with the help of diuretic therapy
- Lithium overdose
The principle of RRT
RRT is based on semi-permeable membrane use in a process called ultrafiltration to filter waste in the form of solutes, by diffusion and excess water. The rate of ultrafiltration depends on the pressure of a transmembrane and the permeability of the membrane.
The dissemination of the solute also depends on factors such as:
- A gradient of the intercompartmental concentration separated by the membrane
- Membrane surface layer
- Solute features like Blood flow rate, molecular weight, dialysis flow, and protein binding.
- Diffusion coefficient
The basic mechanism for the various RRT modes or techniques
- Hemofiltration depends on the removal of water by a transmembrane pressure that is above plasma oncotic pressure. Water is removed in peritoneal dialysis, by increasing dialysate osmolarity.
- Intermittent hemodialysis in eliminating waste water relies on the same process as hemofiltration. It is composed of three elements:
1. Blood supply system
2. The dialysis
3. The dialyzer
To get RRT, you need to book an appointment by email or call, so that the doctor can first examine your condition, and then suggest you treatment mode accordingly.
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment