Cholecystectomy: Gallbladder Removal Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab
Gallstones or Gallbladder Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab, The gallbladder as we all know is an organ (the size of a pear) is located on the upper right side of the abdomen. It is a crucial organ for our body as it not only collects the bile but it can also store it.
Did you know?
Bile is the kind of digestive fluid that plays a great role in the assimilation process.
Is It An Inpatient Procedure Or An Outpatient Procedure?
It completely depends upon the medical condition of the patient whether he will be allowed to go home the same day or will be kept under observation for a few days.
In Which Situation, It Becomes Mandatory To Take Up The Surgery?
If talking about the commonality, then this procedure is customarily used to treat the glass stones. But there could be other reasons as well for which the doctor may suggest you undergo the surgery and those are:
|Gallstones in the bile duct|
Cholesterolosis and pseudopolyps
|Large Gallbladder Polyps|
|Inflammation in the pancreas
If you do not choose the right doctors for undergoing the procedure, then there are considerable chances that you will suffer from the following:
- Leakage in the Bile
- Bleeding ( Mild and Extreme)
- Infections (Usually Bacterial)
- Injuries to the nearby structures
How Are You Supposed To Get Prepared For The Surgery?
Here are the ways by which, you can get prepared for the surgery:
- Do not eat anything one night before the surgery.
- Make sure that you are not taking any of the medications or the supplements, before the procedure.
- Usually, the complications do not occur during the surgery. But still, we have to keep ourselves prepared for that. So no matter whether it is an inpatient procedure or not, you still need to take some clothes with you.
What Happens Before The Procedure?
The patient will be administered with general anesthesia. These drugs are injected into the veins of the arms.
Insertion of the tube
The surgeons will insert a tube in your throat to help you breathe. And after that, the surgery will be performed. Based on your condition, the doctor will decide whether you need to undergo the cholecystectomy or the open procedure.
What Is Expected To Happen During The Procedure?
If the doctor finds out that you need to undergo the cholecystectomy, then again a decision is to be taken about, which of the following procedure will suit your condition the best:
Minimally Invasive Cholecystectomy
- The surgeon will make the four small incisions in the abdomen.
- Once the incisions are made, then the little tube which will consist of the tiny video camera has to be added to the abdomen through one of these incisions.
- Then the surgeon will remove the gallbladder by getting assisted with the video monitor.
- After the surgery, If doctors find it necessary then they will perform any of the imaging tests like that of the ultrasound. It will help the doctors to see if there are any gallstones left in the organ.
Note: In all cases, it is not possible to carry out the laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
Case in point:
The doctors may begin with the laparoscopic approach but then they may find it important to make larger incisions.
- When we are talking about the traditional cholecystectomy, then we are referring to the surgery which can be only carried out after making a 6-inches long incision in your abdomen.
- The incision will be made on the right side of the abdomen, just below the ribs.
- Then the muscles and the tissues are pulled back so that the liver and the gallbladder may become revealed. After that, you surgeon will remove the gallbladder.
- After suturing the incisions, the doctor will take you to the recovery area. An open cholecystectomy will take no more than 1 to 2 hours.
After The Procedure
When it will be about the recovery procedure, then we can expect to experience variations depending upon the procedure:
When people undergo this kind of surgery, then they can usually go home the very same day.
Note: In their rarest cases, one night stay will be suggested by the doctors.
It will not take more than 1 week for the patient to get fully recovered.
In this procedure, the patients are supposed to stay in the hospital for two to three days. When the doctors permit me to go home, then it will take completely four to six weeks to fully recover.
The cholecystectomy can help you to get relief from the pain from which the gallstones are causing you to suffer.
Gallstones will never come back
The various traditional and conservative treatments cannot ensure the coming back of the gallstones.
But if a patient has undergone the gallstone treatment, then he or she can surely expect to have a permanent solution for the gallstones as it reduces the chances for the recurrences of the gallstones to zero.
No digestive problems
After the procedure, you will not run into any digestive problems.
Note: A very few people experience loose stools after the surgery, which gets resolved within a short period.
After How Many Days Can I Resume My Normal Daily Routine?
Well, the answer to this question is subjective. As the main factors which determine this are:
- Which procedure is used to carry out the procedure?
- What is the current medical condition of the patient?
If you are suffering from gallstones and no treatment is showing the desirable effect, then do not wait to make your condition worse. Immediately visit Astha Superspeciality Hospital. Our doctors have carried out more than 6000+ successful surgeries. We are equipped with modern technologies. We follow all the COVID guidelines.
So book your consultation with our doctors at the earliest!
Dr. Neena Gupta
MD (Medicine), DNB (Nephrology)
Stop Waiting In Queue Ask Query OnlineBook Appointment
Dr. Sanjeev Gupta
MS General Surgery, DNB (Urology)
Stop Waiting In Queue Ask Query OnlineBook Appointment
GET IN TOUCH
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment