Gallstones or Bladder Stones Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab
Gallstones or Bladder Stones Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab The kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals and salts that develop within the kidneys, often called nephrolithiasis, renal calculi, and urolithiasis. The other factors of kidney stones are eating unhealthy food, extra body weight, certain medical problems, and other nutrients as well as medications. Stones also develop when urine is condensed to facilitate the crystallization and adherence of minerals. Bladder stones are of variegated colors and types.
This may be very difficult to remove kidney stones, although the stones typically cause little lasting harm if they can be detected immediately. You may simply require pain relief and fluids to remove a kidney stone depending on the condition.
Interesting facts on Bladder stones
Some of the interesting facts which help you understand better about the bladder stones are:
- Bladder stones are customarily experienced in men who fall over the age group of 50.
- Prevalence of bladder stones can be the reason for an underlying medical ailment.
- With bladder stones, the urine color changes and urination comes with pain.
- The occurrence of stone in the bladder is unwonted in women.
- Bladder stones can be the reason for blood in the urine.
Diagnosis and tests for kidney stones include-:
- Tests in blood-:Tests of your blood can show excessive calcium or uric acid. The findings of blood tests help to track your kidney’s health which will lead the doctor to search for more problems.
- Check urine-: The 24-hour urine check will indicate that you excrete too many minerals that shape stone or too few stone-preventing substances. Your doctor may ask for two consecutive days to obtain urine for this examination.
- Imaging-:Current imaging scans may identify urinary kidney stones. And minuscule stones may be shown in high-speed or dual-energy CT. Simple abdominal rays are less common because small kidney stones can be missed in this kind of imaging test.
- Another imaging option to diagnose kidney stones is ultrasound, a non-invasive, rapid, and easy to perform test.
- Passed stones analysis-: You might be told to urinate to gather stones that you move via a strainer. Laboratory analysis will show your stones’ make-up in your kidney. This information is used by your doctor to determine why your kidney stones are causing them and to develop a plan to prevent more renal stones.
Well, treatment for renal and kidney stones depends on the condition, type, and stone size.
In case, an individual has small stones with minimal symptoms, he can get rid of those stones with the help of-:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Pain relievers like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium (Aleve).
- Certain medications such as tamsulosin (Flomax). It is a type of alpha-blocker, you can take it with dutasteride and tamsulosin.
- Sound waves are used to break away the kidney stones. Your doctor may prescribe a treatment known as extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy with some kidney stones, based on their size and position.
- A surgical procedure to extract very large renal stones. The procedure referred to as percutaneous nephrostomy involves the operation of the kidney stone using a small incision in your back and the small telescopes.
- With the help of the scope to remove stones from the kidney. Your doctor can transfer a short, lighted tube (uretero zone) fitted with a camera through your urethra with a bladder to your ureter to extract stone from your ureter or kidney.
Is it possible to remove the stones without surgical intervention?
Many individuals are looking for ways not to get the surgery. If you are one of them, then you can take the medication but you need to be mindful that this option takes months or even years.
The probability of getting the desired results is low. It might work but the chances of getting the problem again are higher.
It is safe to say that Medications are not the best solution for bladder stones. Also, every patient won’t get the same results. For instance, the medications are a suitable option for those who cannot undergo the medical intervention due to health issues. This short-term solution won’t give you long-term relief. Ask your doctor to understand better the possible treatment options.
What happens if you delay or avoid getting the bladder stones removed?
Doctors always suggest getting the gallbladder stones removed on time, otherwise, it increases the chances of future complications. If you notice pain and indigestions, then it likely means there has been obstruction which stays for less time in the gallbladder duct. In medical science, it is known as acute cholecystitis.
Complications are likely to increase when gallstone slips down like pancreatitis and obstructive jaundice. The best possible choice is to get the surgery in the short order. If you think of postponing the surgery, then you are putting your life at risk. Talk to your doctor to make yourself more aware of the situation.
What are the preventive methods?
The bladder stones occurrence is due to various medical reasons and there is no hard & fast rule to prevent them. Bear in mind, if you are experiencing the urinary symptoms which come with blood, pain, and discoloration, then medical intervention is needed as early as possible. Here are some of the options which you can give a try:
- Increase the daily intake of fluids to prevent bladder stone.
- Patients with urinary tract infection feel that the bladder contains urine when they are done. What you can do is, urinate after 10 to 20 seconds following the first attempt. In medical terms, it is known as double voiding which prevents stone formation.
- Patients with an enlarged prostate can empty their bladder by preferring the option to sit down. This factor is likely to slow down or prevent the bladder stone occurrence.
What are the beneficial food options for a healthy bladder?
- Dark and leafy green vegetables
- Low-fat dairy
- Bell peppers
- Citrus fruits
- Fish and shellfish
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment