Kidney Stone Treatment in Amritsar, Kidney Specialist Doctor in Amritsar
What are kidney Stones? Explain its causes, symptoms, and treatment?
Are you looking for the one-stop Kidney Stone Treatment in Amritsar. In that case, you must find the best Kidney Specialist Doctor in Amritsar or any other part of Punjab. If you are looking for one get in touch with our kidney specialist for an effective kidney treatment plan.
What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. These are the solid masses made through crystals and the problem starts from the kidneys. Although, their occurrence can be in any part of the urinary tract which contains:
With every kidney stone type, the cause is different. Depending on the patient’s condition, the doctor will strategize what is best for you.
What are the risk factors and causes of kidney stones?
The occurrence of kidney stones can occur in any individual. In some cases, the chances of kidney stones are more. Statistics have shown that men get kidney stones more as compared to women. You may have increased chances of getting kidney stone due to the following reasons:
- You have faced the issue of kidney stones before.
- You don’t drink enough amount of water
- Someone in your family has faced the issue of kidney stones
- Your overweight or obese
- You are diagnosed with PCOS or cystic kidney disease
- You have undergone gastric bypass surgery or intestinal surgery
- You have faced the issue of swelling or the bowel have swelling
What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
If your kidney stone is small, then it comes out from the urinary tract. In some cases, there are no symptoms which means you do not even know that you have kidney stones. If you have a large kidney stone, then you might note these symptoms:
- Urination comes with pain
- Urine contains blood
- Sharp pain in the lower abdomen or back
- Vomiting and nausea
How is testing and diagnosing kidney stones done?
To diagnose the kidney stone, it is important to understand the patient’s history and get a physical examination. Some of the other test options are:
- Blood tests : To check the calcium, uric acid, phosphorus, and electrolytes
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine to assess: To check the kidney functioning
- Urinalysis: To look for the Crystals, blood, bacteria, and white cells
- Examination of passed stones: This allows understanding their type to give you the treatment.
Some of the test which can be done to check the obstruction are:
- Abdominal X-rays
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- MRI scan of the abdomen and kidneys
- Retrograde pyelogram
- Ultrasound of the kidney (the preferred test)
- Abdominal CT scan
The type of kidney treatment you will suggest will depend on the kidney stone type. One of the ways to deal with it is by giving you medications. In some cases, sound waves therapy is used so that the stone can be broken into smaller ones. This way the stones will pass through the urine easily and solve your condition.
If you are experiencing an issue then consult our medical expert at the earliest to get a bespoke treatment plan.
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment