Lung Cancer – Leading Cause Of Cancer Deaths
We have often heard people advising smokers to quit this habit otherwise they’ll become prey to cancer deaths. The risk of cancer increases as you progress to smoking cigarettes. Those who have quit it even in the later stages of their lives can reduce the chances of getting diagnosed with cancer.
But Remember – Quitting Early Is The Key!
Symptoms – The Indications To Reach Out To The Doctors
The initial stages of lung cancer do not let the patients come across any of the signs and the symptoms. Because of this, many of them come to know about this when the tumour has gotten advanced to the progressive stage.
Let’s have a look at the symptoms:
- Cough ( That is not going away with the medications)
- Coughing up blood ( It could be in either small or large amounts)
- Shortness in Breath
- Extreme or Unendurable Pain in the chest
- Sudden weight loss in astonishing numbers
- Bone Pain or the intense Headache
Right Time To See The Doctor – Please Do Not Delay A Second
- If a person is running into any of the aforementioned symptoms persistently, then it is probably high time to show up to the doctor.
- If you are a smoking addict and you have tried a ton of ways to quit but failed, then scheduling an appointment with the doctor will prove to be beneficial for you.
Causes – Please Do Not Let Them Bother You!
Smoking – The Basic Cause
In 90% of the causes, it is always smoking that has made people succumb to lung cancer. But this does not mean that the people who have never smoked are not at risk of getting cancer.
Smoking affects our lungs in a variety of ways:
- When we smoke, the lining of the lungs gets damaged.
- When we smoke, the carcinogens make lung tissue deteriorate.
Types – (Depends Upon The Appearance)
Lung cancer is categorised into two types depending upon the emergence of cancer-causing cells. The
personalised treatment plan is prepared based on which category of the cancer is afflicting you:
|Small Cell Lung Cancer:||Non-small Cell Lung Cancer:|
|Those who are addicted to smoking or are heavy smokers are the prey of this cancer type.||This type of cancer splits itself into the following types:
Large Cell Carcinoma
Risk Factors – Keep Yourself Out From The Risky Zone
- Perpetually exposed to passive smoking
- History of the radiation therapy
- Continuous exposure to the following;
- Radon Gas
- Other Cancer-Causing Cells
Complications – To Avoid These, Get Early Treatment
If you let cancer progressed, then expect the below-mentioned complication to be on the cards:
- Shortness of the breath
- Blood Coughing
- Unendurable Pain
- Constant accumulation of the fluid in the chest
- Cancer can spread to the other body parts as well
Preventions – Little Steps Can Save You From The Major Problem
If you keep up with the preventive measures, then you are going to live a healthy life and the issues
like cancer can never touch you:
- Never! Never! Never! Smoke
- Avoid being in an environment which is full of cigarette smokes
- Get your home tested if it has the presence of radon
- Do not let yourself be exposed to carcinogens
- Watch your dietary plan
- Keep your schedule always included with the physical exercise
Book Your Appointment With Us!
To prevent cancer from progressing into the aggravated stages, please be aware of the above-mentioned
symptoms. In case, you run into any, then please consider visiting us (Astha Superspeciality Hospital).
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment