Post COVID Conditions & Care
Post COVID Conditions & Care, As we all are familiar with the COVID situation. There is not a single thing that has been left behind to get impacted by this deadly virus. Some of the individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 have gotten better within a few weeks but some people have experienced the POST-COVID symptoms. You must be thinking, ‘Now, What is it?’
What is the post COVID condition?
Post-COVID condition is referred to as the state where people can experience
- Coming back
- New ones
- Ongoing health issues getting worse
This state is experienced for around 4 or more weeks once the person is tested positive for COVID-19.
Do you know, What’s even more surprising?
The individuals who did not have COVID-19 symptoms in the weeks or days after they were infected are noticing the Post-COVID symptoms. The condition is likely to lead to different types and even different health issues which are noticed for different periods. Post-COVID condition is also known by different names like:
- Long-haul COVID
- Long COVID
- Post-acute COVID-19
- Chronic COVID
- Long-term effects of COVID
What are the types of Post-COVID Conditions?
Never seen before symptoms or ongoing symptoms
Well! The range of symptoms will vary and it can last for weeks or months. In addition, it does not
matter even if the patient has a mild illness or did not notice any problem, they can notice the
symptoms. In addition, the patient can notice different symptoms which includes:
- Problem breathing or breath shortness
- Sleep problem
- Muscle/joint pain
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating (known as “brain fog”)
- Chest or stomach pain
- Fast-beating or pounding heart (Also called heart palpitations)
- Joint or muscle pain
- Pins-and-needles feeling
- Dizziness on standing (lightheadedness)
- Mood changes
- Change in smell or taste
- Changes in period cycles
- Symptoms get worse when performed any physical activity
How does COVID-19 affect the multi organs?
In case, someone has experienced COVID-19 symptoms on a severe basis, then they are likely to experience
the multiorgan effect or they might have the trouble of autoimmune disorder. In this state, if not all
the organs are affected then most of the body parts are affected like:
Autoimmune is the condition when the body start attacking the healthy cells by mistake which can lead to
several health issues like:
- Tissue damage
- Inflammation (painful swelling)
Is there any effect of getting hospitalized for COVID-19?
COVID-19 hospitalization can also leave a serious effect on the person’s health as it makes the person
feel exhausted and has a severe weakness. Apart from that, a person can face the trouble of PTSD
(Post-traumatic Stress Disorder) as it occurs after the person has gone through a stressful event. Apart
from that, the feeling of isolation can lead to negative thoughts in a person’s mind which can affect
their mental health to a great extent.
What are the ways to slow down the spread of COVID-19?
Here are some of how the spread of COVID-19 can be reduced which includes:
- Make sure to get the COVID-19 vaccine on time be it you or your family
- You should always wear a mask and make sure that you cover it with your mouth & nose.
- Maintain a 6 feet distance when you go to a public place.
- Try to avoid visiting the crowded place or the one which is poorly ventilated
- You have to always sanitize your hands and once you have touched an unknown surface, make sure that you wash your hands.
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment