Spine Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab
What is minimally invasive spine surgery?
Spine Surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab, Minimally Invasive spine surgery or MISS is a surgical approach that is performed for the spine bones i.e. Backbone. By the term minimally invasive means smaller incisions are used as compared to traditional surgery. Due to this, the nearby tissues and muscles will get less impacted.
Less Pain = Faster Recovery
Earlier, spine surgery was performed through open surgery which required a long incision and there were chances that the soft tissues and muscles could get affected. The complications were higher and this is the reason, a minimally invasive approach has taken its place.
With the MISS, a smaller incision is required and everything is done by viewing the real-time image of the spine through the X-ray. At Aastha Kidney And Super Specialty Hospital we understand how important it is to give you the patient’s best care they deserve. This is what we have been doing for the past so many years and continue to do every year…At our hospital, we have the proper availability of performing the MISS in a safe environment. If you are facing any problem related to the spine, then get in touch with our health expert to get a customized treatment option.
How much is the cost of minimally invasive spine surgery?
On average, the cost of MISS can cost you around Rs 1,89,000. Although, this is not the precise amount because you will only get to know about the surgery cost after consulting our health expert.
What are the reasons I need minimally Invasive spine surgery?
In most cases, people with back pain don’t have to get surgical treatment. If your condition is not getting better with physical therapy, medication, or any other approach then the doctor will suggest you get spine surgery. MISS is only suggested when the patients have certain types of conditions which can be addressed through the surgery. It includes the conditions like:
- Herniated disc
- Spinal instability
- Spondylolysis (lower vertebrae problem)
- Fractured vertebra
- Removal of a tumor in the spine
- Infection in the spine
- Spinal stenosis (spinal canal getting narrow)
- Spinal deformities (like scoliosis)
What are the necessary steps to prepare for minimally invasive spine surgery?
To make sure that you have proper information about the surgery, then you need to consult the healthcare provider. You have to:
- Stop certain medications before the surgery like blood thinners
- Stop smoking before surgery as it increases the risk of complications
- Ask the doctor whether you have to get any kind of imaging tests like MRI or X-ray.
What happens during minimally invasive spine surgery?
Depending on your condition, the doctor will let you know what you have to do and how your surgery will be carried out. Here are the steps in which the MISS is done:
- You will be given anesthesia which numbs the desired body part because by doing so, you will feel relaxed. By doing so, the pain is prevented and throughout the surgery, you will sleep.
- The healthcare provider is going to keep a close watch over your condition like heart rate, blood pressure, and other possible signs.
- Take the necessary antibiotics to stop the chances of infection.
- During the surgery, an X-ray is done which helps to view the internal body organs.
- The incision is made in the desired area through which a tubular retractor is inserted, which allows to properly view the spine part to be treated.
- There is a small retractor attached to the device which allows the surgeon to repair the spine.
- Once the repair is done, all the tools along with the retractor are taken out. On the wound area, the doctor will put a small bandage.
What does recovery feel like with minimally invasive spine surgery?
MISS is an outpatient treatment that allows you to go back to your home on the same day. The doctor might suggest you stay in the hospital for a few hours to have a better understanding of your condition. Here’s what you have to do:
- Take pain medications to relieve pain. In any case, the pain seems to get worse than consult the doctor.
- Get back to your normal diet when you can. Ask the doctor what you start to eat in the initial few days.
- The incision site will leak, which is normal. In case, the fluid increases then you have to talk to the doctor.
- Limit bending or lifting the products
- Make sure to wear the back brace for enough time after the surgery
- You will be able to get back to your daily chores within 7 days or so.
How much is the success rate of minimally invasive spine surgery?
Overall, the treatment has around a 95% success rate. Research has shown that patients who have followed the doctor guidelines properly will not face any problems.
Schedule your initial consultation
If you are facing a problem with your spine, then you should consult our medical expert to get a customized treatment solution for your condition.
When do I contact the doctor?
You need to consult the doctor immediately in case of seizures and blackouts. While some of these symptoms may be a result of other medical condition, it is always advisable to receive immediate medical attention. Repeated seizures can cause serious injury and must never be ignored.Book an Appointment