Topmost signs you need to consult a kidney doctor (Nephrologist) in Ludhiana
Nephrology (Medical field of Kidney Care)
Nephrology is one of the most important medical fields that focuses on treating conditions affecting the kidneys. The kidneys are below the rib cage and on either side of the spine. Moreover, the kidneys perform several necessary functions like removing waste and fluid, keeping electrolytes balanced, and releasing hormones. But to ensure your kidney health stays on the top level, you need to get expertise from a known Kidney specialist In Ludhiana to improve your condition.
Consulting the kidney doctor on time and being regular improves the condition effectively. Additionally, it’s easier to analyze the specific concern and understand what is wrong.
What are the conditions treated by a nephrologist (kidney doctor)?
If you notice the given signs and symptoms, then you must look for one of the best hospital in Ludhiana to get your condition back on track. Let’s talk you through the conditions treated by the kidney doctor:
- Blood or protein in the urine
- Chronic kidney disease
- Kidney cancer
- Nephrotic syndrome
- End-stage kidney disease
- Kidney failure, both acute and chronic
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Renal artery stenosis
- Kidney stones, although a urologist may also treat this
- Kidney infections
- Kidney swelling due to medical condition
Not just the issues mentioned above, but the kidney doctor can address several dysfunctions or diseases like:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Autoimmune conditions, such as lupus
If you are looking for the best urologist near DMC Ludhiana, visit Aastha Kidney and Super Speciality Hospital to seek the most effective kidney and urology care to improve your overall well-being.
Necessary test and procedure performed by the kidney doctor
When you visit the nephrologist for the first time, he will make sure to perform several tests and methods to determine what’s wrong with your health. Some of the necessary tests performed by the kidney doctor are:
- Lab test
- Blood tests include several tests like Blood urea nitrogen (BUN), Serum creatinine, and Glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
- Urine tests include several tests to effectively check what’s wrong. The necessary tests are creatinine clearance, 24-hour urine collection, and urinalysis.
In case there’s some problem with the test results, then other necessary procedures are suggested like:
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney transplant
- Dialysis is like placing a dialysis catheter in a precise manner and right place
- Imaging tests like CT scans, X-rays, or ultrasounds to better check where is the exact problem
Consult one of the best kidney doctors in Ludhiana
Indeed! Consulting a doctor who specializes in the special medical field is necessary. It makes the overall well-being better and gives you the most reliable care as the kidney doctor understands which treatment is right and what exactly is required. So, you will expect the care that transforms your overall well-being and makes you feel better about your health