Uro Health: How to prevent blood pressure due to hemodialysis?
Planning to get hemodialysis?
Then your Dialysis Specialist in Punjab will make you aware of the biggest complication due to the same. And that’s the high blood pressure. In medical terms, it happens due to intra-dialytic hypotension. The problem requires it to be managed well on time so that dialysis treatment happens smoothly & patients can get the same for the necessary time period. Moreover, the situation is even linked to a higher risk of death when the situation is not managed on time.
What are the signs of high blood pressure due to hemodialysis?
The situation is referred to as an obvious and rapid problem which further leads to:
- Blood pressure drop
- Muscle cramps
- Chest, back, and abdominal pain
- Sighing & yawning
Under all these situations, it’s important to visit the best Kidney Hospital in Punjab on time and get medical assistance on time. Make sure to keep control over the blood pressure; otherwise, it can prove to be problematic in the future.
Are there any risk factors for high blood pressure due to hemodialysis?
The drop in blood pressure for the patients getting hemodialysis can have various risk factors:
- Diabetic patients
- Old age
- Undergoing dialysis for a long time
- Females have higher prevalence rate of low blood pressure
- Need for high fluid removal due to excess weight gain
- The dry weight that’s low
- Intake of blood pressure medications before getting the dialysis
The risk factors are severe, and that’s the reason it’s important to get everything well-managed on time.
Treatment for high blood pressure due to hemodialysis
Low blood pressure creates a lot of problems, and that’s why it’s important to get it managed on time and ensure the risk factors are well-addressed. During this entire time period, the dialysis staff reduces or stops the fluid removal. Keep some important tips in mind:
- To increase blood flow to the brain, you need to recline in a specific position.
- With the assistance of medical professionals, intravenous fluid in small amounts is given.
Please make sure before you begin any kind of treatment journey to consult the doctor and then make the necessary changes.
How to prevent high blood pressure that happens due to hemodialysis?
As mentioned-above, there are various risk factors, so it’s essential to address them the same so that the situation gets well under control. The right suggestion to handle the blood pressure due to the journey of hemodialysis requires a number of tips to be followed. And these include:
- Don’t have a meal while undergoing dialysis.
- Don’t take blood pressure medication before you get the dialysis session. It’s better to take the medications as time else.
- Keep a check on your body weight; otherwise, there’s a need to remove more fluid from the body that makes everything even tougher. So, when you maintain the body weight, the pressure will be in the right state.
The hemodialysis aim is to help kidney patients live a better quality of life. So, to make this journey right in every sense, you should visit Aastha Kidney and Super Speciality Hospital to make an informed decision on what’s best for you.