What are the kidney stone causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention tips?
What are the causes of kidney stones?
The occurrence of kidney stones is common among anyone, whereas some people have increased chances with this condition. When you visit the Kidney stone removal hospital in Ludhiana the doctor will understand the causes behind it and accordingly tell you the best approach. The chances of kidney stones are increased due to:
• Someone in your family has kidney stones.
• In the past, you have a kidney stone
• Drink less amount of water
• Your diet has a high value of sodium, protein, or sugar.
• Overweight or obese
• Diagnosed with PCOS or cystic kidney disease
• Joints or bow have irritation or swelling
What are the symptoms of Kidney stone?
If you have a small kidney stone that passes through the urinary tract then it is possible that you do not have any symptoms. The patient with a larger kidney stone will notice the following symptoms which include:
• Presence of blood in the urine
• Vomiting and nausea
• Pain during urination
What are the types of kidney stones?
• Calcium stones are the most common type. They are made of oxalate and calcium and might be made of phosphate & calcium.
• Uric acid stones are made of urine when it is highly acidic. The stones might form on their own or due to calcium.
• Struvite stones are due to the urinary tract infection as the bacteria start building up in the urine. These are made of phosphate, magnesium, and ammonium.
• Cystine stones are made from a chemical form which is referred to as cystine.
The size of a kidney stone can be small as a grain of sand or large as a pearl. In some cases, they can come out from the urine or get stuck in the urinary tract. If they do not pass, then it can be a painful sight.
What is the treatment for kidney stones?
The treatment of kidney stones will depend on the stone size, how it is made, whether it is causing pain, or is it blocking the urinary tract. To get the right answers to these questions, you need to seek medical assistance. You should get a blood test, urine test, or CT scan.
If the size of the kidney stone is small, then the doctor will suggest pain medications. Make sure that you drink plenty of water which helps the stone to push through.
Treatment of Lithotripsy
One of the best treatments is shock wave lithotripsy which makes use of a shock wave to break the kidney stone into small pieces. When they are broken down into small pieces they come out through the urine. In total the treatment takes 45 minutes to one hour.
Treatment of ureteroscopy
The treatment is done under general anesthesia and a long-shaped tube is used to remove the stone and break it. They reach the stage that they pass through the urinary tract.
How can I prevent kidney stones?
You should drink plenty of water. Make sure that you drink 8 to 12 glasses of water every day. Although you must limit the intake of animal protein and sodium in your daily diet.