What are the top things which prevent kidney stones?
Where do kidney stones come from?
Kidney stones are formed due to certain substances like oxalate, calcium, and uric acid that get concentrated, and then they form crystals in the kidney. The crystals become larger. Mostly, 80 to 85 percent of kidney stones are made from calcium.
Topmost steps to bypass Kidney stones
Given below are some of the helpful tips that can help to prevent kidney stone:
- Drink as much water as you can : One of the studies has shown that if people drink 2 to 2.5 liters of urine daily the chances of getting kidney stones are less than 50 percent. It means you need to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Add lemons in your diet : One of the studies has shown that citric acid when combined with calcium helps in preventing stone formation. It is best to drink 1/2cup of lemon juice diluted in water every day. Lemon juice will help in increasing uric citrate and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Keep a check on sodium intake : Diet in high-sodium is likely to increase the risk of kidney stones as it leads to increased levels of calcium in the urine. Ideally, the sodium intake in a day should be limited to 2300 milligrams. If you have faced kidney stone issues in the past then reduce the sodium intake to 1500 mg.
- Reduce animal protein : Eating too much animal protein like eggs, seafood, and meat increases uric acid. If you have faced the problem in the past then reduce the meat intake in a day.
- Do not take high-oxalate Food : High-oxalate food options include beets, almonds, and spinach. If you want to have them then opt for low-oxalate food like berries and chocolates
If you want to learn more tips on how to prevent the issue and what will give you the best results then consult the doctor.